Artistic Director- Jacob Montoya
What: A place for choreographers ages 12-18 to showcase their artistic voice
When: January 14th 7:00 pm
Doors open at 6:30
Tech rehearsal January 13th 5:00-10:00pm
Where: The Life Center
7801 Hazel Ave
Orangevale CA 95662
No more than 18 numbers will be accepted into the showcase, selected by a panel of professional choreographers from the Sacramento Area from various dance genres.
Cash Scholarships Will be Awarded
Grand Prize- $1000
Second Place- $700
Third Place- $500
Presented by Hawkins School of Performing Arts in partnership with Sacramento Contemporary Dance Theatre
Deadline: November 20, 2016
Application Fee: $35
Choreographers must submit at least one minute of recorded choreography (work does not need to be finished at the time of submission), a completed application form and the application fee by the deadline to be considered.
All materials must be submitted by completing the entry form.
- Only one work per choreographer may be submitted.
- Choreographers may not perform in their own work
- Choreography must not exceed 3 minutes
- Choreographers may use 1-18 dancers
- Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time limit will not be considered.
- The video file must contain only the choreography being submitted. No exceptions.
- Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate judging of choreography. A straight shot with very few edits is preferred.
- Finalists will be selected based on the materials submitted.
- Finalists chosen will perform the submitted choreography live at the Choreographer’s Initiative before a general audience and panel of judges and compete for cash scholarships.
- Finalists are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
- Finalists will be posted here no later than December 10, 2016.
- Finalists are responsible for their own music and editing and for securing their own dancers.
- Choreographers and all dancers must be available for a tech rehearsal on January 14 from 5-10 pm
- Applicants must have a supervisor from their High School or Studio to accompany them through the process.
- Selected choreographers and their dancers will be required to sign liability release forms prior to participating. No one will be permitted to rehearse or perform without signed release forms.
- By submitting an application, the applicant grants The Choreographer’s Initiative and its promoters, sponsors and affiliates the right to use their image and name, and agree to all terms of this application info sheet (to be treated as a contract between applicant and The Choreographer’s Initiative)
- Questions should be directed to CI@HawkinsSchool.com